The Most Common Auto Repairs
What Are Some Auto Repairs Your Car Might Need?
It can be tempting to ignore or postpone fixing common auto problems and it’s easy to have a false sense of security that nothing will go wrong. However, many of the most common parts that need to be repaired actually protect and manage the more expensive systems in your car (such as the engine). While many of the repairs are moderately priced (up to a few hundred dollars), neglecting to fix them can lead to major repairs (which can be many hundreds or thousands of dollars). With cars, an ounce of prevention really is worth a pound of cure. If you are noticing changes with how your car drives or sounds, the auto experts at Hi-Tech Automotive Specialists, in Westchester, Illinois, can evaluate your car to let you know if anything needs to be repaired.
What are the most common repairs needed, and what do they cost?
- Oxygen sensor – $250 – vital to the exhaust system and affects fuel consumption
- Loose fuel cap – $15 (50% of the time that the check engine light comes on is due to a loose fuel cap)
- MAF Sensor (Air Filter) – $380 – keeps the engine running and balances the air to fuel ratio
- Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs – $400 for both (or $235 for ignition coils and $330 for spark plugs and wires) – helps start the car
- Thermostat Replacement – $210 – measures engine temp and regulates performance
- EVAP Purge System and Control Valve (Solenoid) – $170 and $185 – traps gas vapors in fuel tank and puts them back into the system, helps decrease emissions and increase fuel efficiency
- Catalytic Converter – $1,500 – neutralizes gasses from the exhaust system
- Brake Pads and Brake Work – $130/axle
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement – $400 -gas/air mixture for the engine and coolant for cylinder heads
- Wheel Alignment – $150 frequently needs to be adjusted
- EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) Valve replacement – $350 – helps increase efficiency and reduce fuel consumption
- Other – Tires (rotated/replaced), Battery Replacement, Oil Filter/ Change, Engine Tune-up, Radiator Flush, Antifreeze added, Wiper Blades
Auto Repair Experts
If you need to have repairs done to your car talk with one of the highly trained mechanics at Hi-Tech Automotive Specialists, conveniently located in Westchester, Illinois. Locally owned and family-operated, they work on all makes and models and offer a 24 month/24,000 mile warranty. Stop by, call, or go online to make an appointment – they will have you safely back on the road in no time!
Leave a Reply